Soft Condensed Matter Physics studies structure, dynamics, phenomenology of complex systems (CS): (bio)polymers, colloids, cells, porous materials, liquid crystals.
There is disorder at the molecular scale, homogeneity at the macroscopic and •some order at the mesoscopic scale due to a delicate balance ofinternal interactions and thermal effects.
At the Institute of physics, Zagreb (IFZ) we have experimentally addressed mainly the field of polyelectrolytes, charged polymers in aqueous environment.
- K. Salamon, D. Aumiler, G. Pabst, T. Vuletić, Probing the mesh formed by the semirigid polyelectrolytes, Macromolecules 46, 1107 (2013) Download Paper Supp.Info
- A. Horvatić, I. Dodig, T. Vuletić, D. Pavoković, L. Bindila, A. Butorac, M. Cindrić, A comparison between enhanced MALDI in-source decay by ammonium persulfate and N- or C-terminal derivatization methods for detailed peptide structure determination, accepted in Analytical Chemistry (2013)
D. Pelc, S. Marion, M. Požek, M. Basletić, Role of microscopic phase separation in gelation of aqueous gelatin solutions,arXiv:1207.4896v1
- S. Tomić, D. Grgičin, T. Ivek, T. Vuletić, S. Dolanski Babić and R. Podgornik, Dynamics and structure of biopolyelectrolytes in repulsion regime characterized by dielectric spectroscopy, Physica B: Condensed Matter 407, 1958-1963 (2012) Download
- D. Pelc, S. Marion, and M. Basletić, Four-contact impedance spectroscopy of conductive liquid samples. Rev. Sci. Instrum. 82, 073907 (2011); doi: 10.1063/1.3609867
- T. Vuletić, S. Dolanski Babić, D. Grgičin, D. Aumiler, J. Raedler, F. Livolant and S. Tomić, Manning free counterions fraction for a rod-like polyion – short DNA fragments in very low salt, Phys. Rev. E 83, 041803 (2011) Download
- S. Tomić, D. Grgičin, T. Ivek, S. Dolanski Babić, T. Vuletić, G. Pabst and R. Podgornik, Dynamics and Structure of Biopolyelectrolytes characterized by Dielectric Spectroscopy, Macromolecular Symposia 305, 43-54 (2011) Online ISSN: 1521-3900
- T. Vuletić, S. Dolanski Babić, D. Grgičin, T. Ivek, S. Tomić, and R. Podgornik, Structure and dynamics of hyaluronic acid semidilute solutions: A dielectric spectroscopy study, Phys. Rev. E 82, 011922 (2010). Download
- D. Aumiler, S. Wang, X. Chen, A. Xia, Excited state localization and delocalization of internal charge transfer in branched push-pull chromophores studied by single-molecule spectroscopy, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 131, 5742 (2009).
- W. Lv, X. Chen, D. Aumiler, A. Xia, Single molecule fluorescence fluctuations of the cyanine dyes linked covalently to DNA, Sci. China Ser. B-Chem. 52, 1148 (2009).
- S.Tomić, T.Ivek, T.Vuletić, S.Krča, F.Livolant and R.Podgornik, Short-fragment Na-DNA dilute aqueous solutions: fundamental length scales and screening, Eur. Phys. Lett. 81, 68003 (2008). Download
- S. Tomić, S. Dolanski Babić, T.Vuletić, S. Krča, D. Ivanković, L. Griparić and R. Podgornik, Dielectric relaxation of DNA aqueous solutions,, Phys. Rev. E 75, 021905 (2007). Download
- S. Tomić, T. Vuletić, S. Dolanski Babić, S. Krča, D. Ivanković, L. Griparić, S. Tomić, R. Podgornik, Screening and fundamental length scales in semidilute Na-DNA aqueous solutions, Phys. Rev. Lett 97, 098303 (2006). Download